Thursday, February 14, 2008

Why I Hate Lezzas Part 12

Lesbians – exactly *why* are they so flamin’ tragic? A couple of weeks ago I got a friend request on Facebook from a woman I’d never clapped eyes on. I went to her profile and, to my horror, she was encouraging me to join a women only group. My toes were curling already and then I noticed the title – MENSTRUATION, THE ESSENCE OF WOMANHOOD. Dear God, no wonder we live in a climate of misogyny.

She went on to tell us that her interests include art that is based upon "triumph against adversity", and that should could often be "quite needy" and require lots of reassurance and hugs. No wonder!

To further my hatred of my "sisters", I just got an email from the National Film Theatre. They are having another of their gay film weekends and always like to show one film for ladies and another for gents.

Here is the description of the gents film (Shortbus) - John Cameron Mitchell's queer tour de force took Cannes by storm in 2006. Although it's not for the faint-hearted with its headline-grabbing real sex (in many varieties), this is a refreshingly rich exploration of the lives of a group of dysfunctional New Yorkers. It's both funny and rude and it's got great music.

For now for the ladies (Show Me Love) - In a dead-end Swedish town, school loner Agnes pines for bored and rebellious cool girl Elin. Will Elin ever admit she has feelings in return? Lukas Moodysson's funny and touching feature debut.

Yes, dear readers, another candidate for my Boo Hoo I’m a Lesbian crap features award.

There was nothing to do but seek solace in drag queens, so I went over to You Tube and unearthed the following treasure, which made me cry: Chloe Poems.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Why I Hate Lezzas Part 12' ha ha classic.

Don't want to quibble but in Stonewall it wasn't La Miranda who went for the draft interview but Matty Dean dragged up. He took La Miranda's place to make sure the army rejected him.

Must admit there are few things in this world I dislike more than a pack of dykes *shudders*. 'Lesbian Liine Discos' from the 1980's - bleurgh.

Anonymous said...

Know what you mean Dawn, but I think fag film is just as guilty of glumness. Think of the maudlin, oozing cheese of Oscar winners Barebum Mountain and Philadelphia, not to mention the endless recycling of the smalltownboy theme of the lezzygay filmfest.

Never mind eh, I see The Ritz has been released on DVD at last.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075144/

redhairedqueer said...

Ah, there you are Kerr.I thought you'd been absent for a while. Send me your new email again, I lost it during the switch from desktop to laptop.

Sockmonkey - tsk! That'll teach me to write from (not very good) memory. I suppose I should watch it again.