Sunday, February 18, 2007

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane

Well, after all the anticipation I'm packing my bags and flying off to San Francisco TOMORROW. SCREAM !!

It's suddenly come around so fast that I haven't had time to plan an itinerary. I'm definitely going on Alcatraz, spending my birthday at the Zoo and going to see Veronica Klaus. Oh, and there's Trannyshack of course. I've kind of promised to put on a slide show of my drag queen stalking at VauxhallVille when I return. We'll have to see how my nerve holds and whether I consume enough alcohol to start collecting "this is me and (insert name of drag queen)" photos. I also intend to buy LOTS of new clothes.

Although I'm only there for eight days I have booked a massive two weeks off work. I've used them wisely so far. On Friday night I had a haircut then a few large Pinot's at Retro, then yesterday I couldn't resist another trip to Taming of the Shrew before it closes at the Old Vic. I was a little disappointed that my favourite actor, Simon Scardifield who plays Katharine, was off sick. His delivery of the character was brattish at the beginning then beautifully deadpan when she had been beaten into submission by her bullying husband. I didn't feel that Jon Trenchard pulled it off quite so well in yesterday's production, but this was countered by Joe Flynn being fabulous as Bianca. He made a superb job of portraying her as a rather spoiled teenage girl.

Tall Paul was my escort for the play and afterwards he very kindly took me for pizza and red wine as a birthday gift. We even had pudding, a rare eating out treat!

When I get back from SF I've got a birthday do at Trannyshack UK (you coming?), Blondie tribute night at VauxhallVille and a trip to see The Seagull, starring the rather lovely Kristen Scott-Thomas. So there'll be lots of blogs to look forward to, you lucky readers. But in the meantime there's just this... *starts gentle music* Bye!!

3 comments:

Gareth said...

Enjoy, you lucky thing. I hope you have an utterly fabulous time.


By the way Happy Birthday as I know that comes up soon too.

Owen said...

If you get a 'This is me and Bambi Lake' photo I'll be dead impressed. Happy B'day!

chrisv said...

Well I guess I ain't on flat-sitting duty then. I'll never get my RuPaul book back at this rate.

No invites to the theatre... no flat-sitting gig

Raaaas