Fire Tusk Pain Proof Circus
If I were a religious type I would get down on my knees and pray to my God and say please, please, PLEASE can I become a member of the Fire Tusk Pain Proof Circus.
Except it’s not just a case of applying, it would mean the current me would have to be destroyed and be replaced by an altogether cooler, more voodoo, much more talented and far, far braver edition.
I have held one half of Fire Tusk – Lucifire – in high regard for several years, and what I saw of her at Latitude over the weekend has elevated her to icon status.
I only saw part of their show on Friday night, I was in the car park when I heard them announced so ran to the stage as fast as my chubby arse would allow me. I got there in time for Luci’s fire eating act. She had skewers of fire she was extinguishing with her mouth then when she got down to the last one she rolled it over her body before putting it into her mouth and tossing her head back so a huge ball of flame shot from her mouth toward the ceiling. It looked amazing.
Then came Dave, her husband / work partner, who had huge staffs with fire at the ends that he whirled around his shoulders and body. Luci returned and used some of the fire to light the ends of chains she was holding. By now, she had enormous balls of flame that she was swinging round in circles and as Dave kneeled submissively at the side of the stage, she slapped his back viciously with the fire to the accompaniment of Ministry’s Burning Inside.
Not only was it powerful and violent performance, it was also very real. Dave showed us his scars the next day – they were NASTY.
I spent the whole of Saturday telling everyone how great they’d been, then went back that evening for the big show. This was Lucifire’s Aerial Tree Suspension Act and was my highlight of the entire weekend.
At about 1am she appeared on the cabaret stage dressed as a bride and started singing a song. As she was performing, Dave pushed six large meat hooks through her shoulders that she took without so much as flinching. We were then led outside to the gallows.
From a large tree flanked magnificently with red and green light, Luci was hoisted into the air on six rope pulleys. Looking incredibly beautiful and serene, she hung like an angel performing strip tease and a fan dance.
Watching attentively from below, Dave swung her ankles so she flew over our heads and she was lowered to the ground so a young woman could clasp her waist and the two could be raised up together. You could see the skin stretching and a little blood was starting to run down, but still she kept on smiling.
You can see more pictures in my How Fucking Cool is Lucifire gallery or watch my short video of the suspension on You Tube.
Afterwards she was knee deep with admirers and I was too awe-struck to say anything coherent, so I saved my congratulations for the next day when she and Fancy Chance – aka the Furry Bitches from Hell – were doing an animal act for our VauxhallVille Children’s Party.
Luci was wearing the kangaroo suit that Dave wore when I boxed with him last year, but she had adapted it with a fluffy tail to become a rabbit. Fancy was a cuddly rat who Luci clubbed to death, was haunted by and then later brought back to life for a tear jerking happy ending to the tune of Bright Eyes and Total Eclipse of the Heart. Hilarious!
If that wasn’t enough, I also saw her playing sax with a fantastic rockabilly band – Urban Voodoo Machine - as there is clearly no end to her talents.
Join me in stalking Luci online at Lucifire.com

No comments:
Post a Comment