Gay Christmas
It’s taken me so long to write about Hallowe’en that it hardly seems worth it, but I have a fabulous photo gallery so I feel that I must.
Mine started on Friday 26 at the RVT party where we had Lola Lasagne performing in It’s Alive, a gory multi-media composition by Spike Rhodes. From my position in the DJ booth I couldn’t see it too well, but there was blood, guts, screaming, high camp and, of course, the Time Warp.
The Tavern looked fabulous with lots of skulls and what have you hanging from the walls and ceiling. I fell in love with a Bride of Chucky doll and had to wrestle with the urge to steal it.
I was pretty content with my costume – I had a big curly green wig, black dress from a charity shop, lots of white face make up and a selection of glitter spiders to garnish. It was weird having so much hair, and it didn’t half keep catching on stuff.
There was an amazing selection of huge wigs in the dressing room, I wanted to experiment and try them all on. My favourite was a gigantic Bride of Frankenstein thing Lola wore at some point or another. There was also a Rosemary’s Baby thing hanging on the door that totally freaked me out.
I was employed to pay “fiendish sounds” and intersperse them with screams and hallowe’en noises. I got a nice compliment from Simon Le Vans who said he loved my music and was enjoying hearing stuff played at the right speed instead of beat matching.
I was also delighted at being stalked by Buck Angel who had dropped by to see what was happening and suddenly appeared at my booth. I had just finished playing so paraded him around the Tavern before he disappeared into the night. Some photographer took a picture of us but I don’t know who he worked for so haven’t been able to find it.
My next outing was the Retro Bar party where the theme was Dead Pop Stars. I wore exactly the same outfit as Friday but decided it was inspired by Cher.
There were some impressive efforts made, notably John the barman who was an EXTREMELY grey Jerry Garcia. But I still maintain I was robbed in the fancy dress contest when I was beaten by Mama Cass.
I promised you photographic evidence, so get clicking.
I’m off to San Francisco on Monday, there may be holiday snaps too when I’m back. Lucky you!

3 comments:
I'm getting a definite Baby Jane Hudson vibe from that picture. It must be the eyebrows...
There was a nice pic in Boyz too - you could become the new Minty and appear in every issue.
I know Spike Rhodes really well. He used to writ and direct the drag shows I used to be in
Post a Comment