Sunday, November 25, 2007

Un-Easy Listening

Kabarett at the RVT is by far my favourite night to work on. Host, Dusty Limits is laid back, charming and a worthy addition to my stable of beautiful camp men that I like to indulge in affection for. He also keeps coming up with amazing little acts to showcase.

This week, for example, he introduced me to the best cabaret act EVER – Frank Sanazi. A man dressed as Hitler singing the songs of Frank Sinatra but re-written to come from the mind of the Fuhrer. How utterly perfect can a fifteen minute performance be?

From the moment he strolled on stage to croon Third Reich (to the tune of That’s Life) I was smitten. How can you resist a guy who gets his kicks from “watching nations scream”? To say nothing of his ability to trick the audience into giving him a Nazi salute. Later he re-christened me Heinrich and encouraged me to pump out dry ice to gas the Jews - I love him!

Frank is part of the Iraq Pack, an elite group of un-easy listening stars including Saddami Davis Junior and Dean Stalin. They may sing the songs that your granny likes, but they have plans to take over the world.

You can check out clips of Frank on You Tube.

Or expand your social circle and become his friend on Mein Space.

Sieg Heil!

2 comments:

chrisv said...

Oh.

I thought it was Posh Paul when I first looked.

He's a riot.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can;t believe I missed my two favorite obsessions. Cabaret and Hitler!