Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hoops Upside Your Head

Hey kids, have you heard about the new craze that's sweepin' across town? Hula Hooping is BACK and EVERYONE is doin’ it ... well, um, that is to say, Toby got a Hula Hoop and I decided to copy him.

This morning I took receipt of what I can only describe as an enormous ring – fucking massive in fact, and much to the amusement of the postman. “Is it for dogs to jump through?” he asked me when I went to collect it from the Post Office. Hmm ... that sounded better than, “I’m going to swing it around in the sitting room and try not to bruise my kneecaps”, but I opted for a quick, “erm, no, I work in a theatre,” before heading sharply for the door.

Half an hour to rid the bugger of its four-deep layer of cellophane wrapping once I got it home and now, of course, I discover I can’t hula for toffee! I think 10 seconds is my new world record, I don’t think I’ll be making it to the 2012 Olympics.

What do you reckon ... ?

7 comments:

chrisv said...

I am verklempt!

I am trying to imagine all the people "self-motivating" like mad over this exercise diva.

You'll have more stalkers now....

Work your hoop!

Anonymous said...

It's just practice, you'll be doing the 'booty bump' and the 'Limbo' soon enough!!

Gareth said...

I would pay good money to see you and Mr Ray do this as a comedy double act. Toby could do his magic tricks too.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha don't leave your day job. I love this video!

Owen said...

I like the bunny ears. They'd be even better if they flashed on and off though...

Anonymous said...

Dawn luvvie I think I just wet myself. What with this and Toby's police drama, you've restored my faith in blogworld. Marry me.

redhairedqueer said...

That's at least the second time you've asked for my hand in marriage, Donker. If I thought you had any money I might be tempted to take you up on it.