Friday, December 01, 2006

Deck the Halls

It's official, the festive season has begun. This I can state with absolute confidence as I have witnessed my first party-goer chucking up on the train. A sure-fire sign that it time for people to put on their best Primark outfits, don a glittery hat and make an utter bloody disgrace of themselves.

Why on earth don't these people know how to behave? Do they really only go out once a year? And do they really not know that drinking champagne followed by a cocktail, followed by a different cocktail is, like, REALLY not a very good idea?

I guess it must be true. At work I am being sent lists of dates on which I might be free to attend a night out. Astonishingly, people are responding that they are free on each-and-every suggested date and are very much looking forward to it. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than sit in front of a veggie-roast and an over-priced bottle of Cava.

And so I am declining all offers. As Tall Paul has declared: "I have already got a reputation as the (office) misery, and I see no reason to change that."

5 comments:

gdpreston said...

May I be the first to wish you a very Merry Christmas!

G.

Owen said...

And may I be the second, please?

I'm busy loading Christmas songs onto my iPod - there's only 233 so far. I think I'll add some Christmas carols next.

Anonymous said...

And I can be the first person to enter into the true spirit of Christmas and say 'bah humbug, will be glad when the bloody thing is over and people take those hideously common lights off their houses'.

Gareth said...

Merry Christmas. I'm actually attending two christmas meals this year. Just doing so to be polite with one of them, and the other just so I can at least pretend I'm a sociable happy person. I'm secretly hoping to sit beside the fanatical rightwing tory, and make him choke when I talk about the goings on at the Hoist.

Anonymous said...

Witnessed my first "festive" punch up on the train coming back from the retro Bar Thurs Not a pretty sight. Theres enough idoits without throwing ('cuse the pun) the usual mix of festive cheer into the mix.