Low Scores
Trivial Pursuits and the likes has never been for me. "What's the capital of Estonia?", "Who won the World Cup in 1962?" It annoys me that if you don't know the answers to these questions then people decide that you're stupid. As far as I'm concerned it's more to do with having a good memory than an intellect. But then maybe I'm just being defensive, because I can only remember about things if they interest me, and when it comes to moon landings, historical dates and such, I really couldn't give a toss.
Anyway, point is, Joan Dairy Queen and I are so vague that we wandered off to a pub quiz at Vauxhall Griffin last night, completely neglecting that our general knowledge is practically non-existent. We scored an average of 4 out of 10 in most rounds, but we did win 4 top quality Easter eggs for drawing a picture of a lady's sex parts surrounded by dildos, a tongue and a wiggling finger. You see, we may not have the best memories (neither would you if you drank as much as we do), but what we do have is pure, naked TALENT. So now I'm glad I spent most of my history classes looking out of the window or drawing a perfect reproduction of The Cramps logo on my rough book, you never know when these skills will come in handy.
We ended the evening APPALLINGLY drunk, staggered into RVT about quarter to midnight and slurred at everyone we encountered. Then I grew so confused I headed off to Clapham Junction to catch a train, forgetting that they had stopped running to Crystal Palace an hour previously, and so I ended up paying 23 quid for a cab. At least it was one of those nice, pretty pink ones, I refused to be chauffeured in anything less.
House of Fierce
Talking of the Vauxhall Griffin, I'm starting a dance night there next Friday (23rd), do say you'll come along. There'll be disco classics, club stompers, soul, baggy and groovy pop. What do you think of the flyer? I have grand plans for expansion, I see House of Fierce really taking off, moving to a larger venue and having drag acts on at midnight. I won't rest until the whole world is FIERCE, so make sure you don't miss the inception!

2 comments:
Do you do requests?
I regret that Luke Haines and Babyshambles are not in the Right Nasty repertoire.
Post a Comment