Friday, September 05, 2008

So One Dimensional

Well I mentioned I had been writing an article for Boyz and now you can totally read it. It’s on page 8 of the magazine or you can view it online if you must.

You’ll drop down dead with shock when I tell you the subject - it’s all about Justin Bond! I know, typecasting myself or what? But if you look closer you’ll note that it’s not really all about Justin, it’s all about ME, which is surely more entertaining.

Reminds me of the opening line of his show last night at Bistrotheque, which went something like, “I read the story of narcissus and found it really dull, not nearly as interesting as the story of my life.”

I’m thrilled with the way the article turned out, but I was a little taken aback by the accompanying illustration. Who knew that beneath my flawless visage lay a really ugly cartoon just waiting to get out? I mean, look at me!



At least Justin has a jaw line, I look like I was drawn by someone with Parkinson’s Disease!

Ha ha, I don’t mind really, but it was a bit of a bolt from the blue. Dusty Limits asked, “What next, the Dawn Right Nasty action figure?” I am in negotiation with Mattel as I type ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That illustration makes you look like you have some dreadful wasting-away illness! - Sock Monkey

Anonymous said...

The Dawn Right Nasty Voodoo Dolly would be better.

It's the glasses that are wrong, though the double chin doesn't exactly help either.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised I'm not lurking in the back of that illustration. I alway seem to be stood behind you while you eye up a a drag queen!