Another Dumb Bird on TV
I was so wishing we would be rid of dumb ass Chantelle after last night's "stand in order of fame" task.
It's not that I have a problem with her specifically, I'm just sick and tired of seeing stupid women on TV. Time and time again, though we pretend times have changed, it's proven that the way to get ahead if you're female is to present yourself as dumb and, preferably, blonde.
It's no surprise to find Big Brother has turned out it's fair share, given the nature of the programme. Essex's version of Paris Hilton follows in the tradition established by ridiculous Helen ("I love blinkin' I do") and the infamous Jade Goody.
You see, I don't actually think Jade's a stupid as she makes out. If she was she would have returned to comparitive obscurity with her own version of Paul Clarke. Instead she's still in the media and opening her own business. She is still, however, acting dumb, cos if she wasn't the game would be up.
She was on a panel show a few weeks back, all she was required to do was giggle and say "I don't know anything, me". It was toe curlingly awful.
It reminds me of several years ago when I heard someone describe Joanne Guest as a "clever girl". This was because she'd figured if she stuck her tits out and looked vacant then people would give her lots of money.
I'm not saying we should all be intellectual, that would be a whole different kind of hell, but it'd be so nice if, for once, the media could champion a bright young thing who didn't sound like she was auditioning for Children Say The Funniest Things every time she opened her gob.
Until then we're stuck with bubbly, squeaky Chantelle. Maybe Pete will get bored and smother her with his gorilla skin jacket. We can but hope.

1 comment:
An excellent posting.
A totally dumb-founded Owen asked me last night how, after 30-odd years of living in a feminist world, there can still be women like Jodie Marsh. I had to tell him that she probably thinks she is a feminist.
Post a Comment