Friday, January 06, 2006

CBB - Hooray!

Forgive me, father, for I have sinned. It has been one week since my last blog. I swore I would update this thing at least twice a week but, to be honest, there’s been bugger all happening. I’ve spent most of my energy the last 7 days bemoaning the fact that I have absolutely NO MONEY.

Still, God has provided in the shape of Celebrity Big Brother. I missed the opening show, but when I heard my heroes and ex-pin ups Pete Burns and Rula Lenska were on, well, I switched to E4 faster than you can say Vanessa Feltz.

Aside from Rula I didn’t recognise any of the women. Apparently one of them is Jodie Marsh. Still, with Pete in the house, at least it won’t be just the ladies who are showing off their false tits.

The male contingent are vaguely more recognisable. I’ve got my eye on George Galloway, “I’m so glad you’re in here, Rula”, he smarmed. Keep it in your pants, George!!

Samuel Preston seems like a nice chap. Then, of course, there’s Michael Barrymore. To quote Gerald, STAY AWAY FROM THE POOL!

I don't know if they can match up to the marvellous-ness of last years show - with John McCririck being sulky and bonkers, Bez being incomprehensible, Caprice being gorgeous and Jackie Stallone being the Pig puppet from Pipkins. Unless Pete Burns has changed dramatically since I knew him back in the ‘pool, he’s my odds on favourite to walk.

I’m pulling up the sofa and waiting for the fireworks to begin. *Looks around* … “where’s the little boy with my wine?”

3 comments:

Gareth said...

I want Pete Burns to win, OR MAYBE Rula Lenska.


My main gripe is that we have Maggot and not Eggsy from Goldie looking chain on the show.


Which proves I really have odd taste in men.

Owen said...

Rula at least has some old fashioned star quality dripping along behind her wherever she walks (if you see what I mean) and Pete has some humour. I don't know (or care) who most of 'em are.

Anonymous said...

Rula to win! Her and Pete Burns are the only ones with any class.