Thursday, February 23, 2006

Drat! And Double Drat

It's my birthday today, so last night it was off to Trannyshack for some fun and frolics with the gender benders.

A fine time was had by all, Dusty O played a fantastic set (though sadly no Sylvester) and me and Stephen Arteast had a rare old time on the dance floor.

I'm still not sure where the Too 2 Much crowd comes from, though ostensibly a gay venue it seems to attract a large number of fashionable straights. Still, everyone was friendly enough and, though there weren't enough trannies for my liking, I would definitely like to go there again.

Part way through the night Dusty O said something about Pete Burns being in the house. Stephen and I eagerly scanned the room but couldn't see him. A bit later I went off for a wee and lo and behold, there he was ... leaving! ARSE! I would have so loved to catch up with him last night. As he breezed past me I managed to touch his arm and say "See you soon, darlin", instinctively he replied, "Yeah, see you" without having a clue who I was. I'm still gutted thinking about it now!

Oh well, one day our paths will cross again and I can tell him of the monumental affect he has had on my life. For now I'm gonna put on Big Daddy of the Rhythm and have a little sob!

No comments: