Dawn of a New Me
In keeping with the Easter season, I'm experiencing a need for rebirth. I want to do new things, go new places and meet new people. Things have been stagnant and I want to broaden my horizons.
Sadly, some new things are difficult to do alone and trying to get my friends out at the moment is like trying to raise the dead!
After 3 days of attempting to organise social events, last night I realised I'd just have to give in and do what we always do - go to Duckie. It's been a while since my last appearance so it was good to be back for a visit. They've even given the Tavern a lick of paint, so at least it wasn't too same-old-same-old.
Best part of the evening was the caBEARet - to mark Bear Pride weekend we were treated to some good old fashioned fun from the days when the gays could still laugh at themselves. Big lads in tight shorts mincing around without shame - they performed a wonderful Madonna tribute, Like a Bear, but best of all was the homage to Kylie - Can't Get Bears Out of my Head. I was whooping with delight at the unmitigated campery of it all!
I also used the evening to debut my slightly up market new look. The drag queen eye lashes with glittery beads had the curious effect of making my eyelids ache, but they were too fabulous to take off. I'm also very pleased with my new trilby / fedora hat, it's a bit like the one that Babydaddy Scissor Sister wears.
I should point out that I stole the inspiration from my new obsession - Kiddie from Trannyshack. She's a drag queen that looks like a glamourous butch lesbian and I'm a little bit in love. I can't decide whether I want to be her or marry her. Here is my favourite picture - I don't think I'll be aiming for this look any time soon.

1 comment:
You diod look rather fabulous in the hat last night.
Post a Comment