Saturday, July 08, 2006

Little Creatures

I'm not quite sure how it's been allowed to happen, but chil-der-en have moved into the grounds of Right Nasty Mansions. Not just any children either, but the kind that have to shout AT ALL TIMES - sometimes reciting the same phrase over and over for as long as two hours. On the rare occassion they're not shouting, they scream. The usual tranquility afforded the residents of a backstreet cul-de-sac has been shattered and my head is aching to the degree it might explode. No wonder their parents lock them out in the garden, I'd drop them off in a field and run.

Anyway, before I start attracting the unwanted attention of pedants, let's move on ...

As you know, I had a week off work this week so, despite my shoe-string budget, I decided to have a couple of days out. On Thursday I went to the zoo to see the furry animals. I thought I might see the new gorillas but they don't move in 'til next year. Aren't they the ones that throw poo at people? I like them!

I saw some other monkey types. The weirdest was a Pygmy Marmoset. At first I thought it was a baby cos it was so wee, but apparently they are the smallest living monkey - they're tiny little things with screwed up faces, and not only that, they're GREEN! I wanted to take a picture but they live in a darkened room and I didn't want to mess up their eyes, I found this one on the web.

I took some pictures of other animals, view my not very impressive gallery here.

Yesterday I went to the V&A with Toblarina. We went to see the 60s Fashion display which was very entertaining - lots of bright colours and some dazzling abstract prints. I can't believe how skinny the women were supposed to be then, some of the waistlines were terrifying. The men's fashion was less oppressive with flary pants and poofy shirts.

We sniggered at some things and gazed in awe at others. Above all we wished there'd been a 60s dressing-up box to play with. Elsewhere in the museum we came across a kimono, and lo, a photo opportunity was born ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are scary Meercats.

Tiger cats rule.

Anonymous said...

You think the Kids make a lot of noise, wait until Sockmonkey moves into the 'hood!

I look like a right cunt in that photo!!

Anonymous said...

Hah!

Do you like strip club music? I have a cople of CDs in the 'Las Vegas Grind' series.

I shall be sure to keep my windows open so as to serenade the whole of Crystal Palace.

redhairedqueer said...

I can see you're gonna be trouble

*alerts Neighbourhood Watch*