Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Straights, Taylor & Le Phreeque

I ventured into a straight bar last night. This is not something I care to do on a regular basis, but I'd been out scoffing pizza with the Hayloid near London Bridge and there are no gay pubs in the area.

It all started off well enough, but then we realised we'd accidentally sat beneath the wall-mounted TV and, what's more, there was football on. Suddenly we found ourselves surrounded by an ever increasing and somewhat intimidating group of ner-do-wells, knuckles dragging across the floor as they gazed, slack jawed, up at the screen.

Thankfully we saw a chink of daylight and made a dash for a remote corner near the door before they broke into their choruses of C'MON, WHHOOOO and, worst of all, WAHHHHHEEEEEYYYYYY. Honestly, what possesses these people to make such a racket?

Having drunk 3 beers with my meal and a bottle of wine at the pub, I then decided to treat myself to a rather generous gin when I got home. Suffice to say, getting out of bed this morning was not easy. I'd better get some zeds in tonight as there's a couple of exciting days ahead...

Firstly we've got TAYLOR MAC on at VauxhallVille on Thursday. Eek! We can't WAIT! He's going to do one of his old songs and then preview some new stuff. This means I have to sound check a ukulele! What the hell? I so hope I don't fuck it up.

For my Tranny Tip I'm going to show slides of my 2 pics with him, and I hope to score another with him in drag. It's kind of annoying that of all my drag queen-stalking pictures, only Heklina has her slap on. Taylor, Kiddie, Suppositori Spelling and Justin Bond are all naked face. Can you believe I don't even have a picture of me with Kiki?!

On Friday I have my first gig at Le Phreeque, the RVT's new club / cabaret hosted by Dusty Limits. The shows have been a lot a fun so far - Dusty does a set and there's also clowns, phreeques in tight lycra with hamsters, a muscle mary in heels and an all-action puppet aquarium. Tell me where else you can get that for six quid?

The lovely Tallulah does the opening set then I'll be on about 1 until 4am. I'm standing in for Jo Public so it'll be a very dance focused set, lots of funky house and disco to make the floor burn. Come down and cut a rug.

No comments: