Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Only Way is Up

Glorious life-changing things are happening! Not only will I be going down to four days per week at the wretched day job from July (sing hosannas!) but from 17 August I am going to be co-running a new monthly club night at RVT.

Guess who my co-hosts are? You’ll go mad when I tell you – it’s SUPPOSITORI SPELLING and HOLESTAR!!! I’m that excited I might just wet ‘em!

Our night will be called MISTER SISTER and will feature fabulous tunes, groovy people and spectacular live performance. We have a very talented yankee doodle promoter working with us, so prepare to be wowed by our publicity.

Before then I will be working with the lovely Dusty Limits on his new venture called Kabarett. It’s kind of like Le Phreeque but without the clowns and puppets. There’s also going to be an open mike spot so you can all come and try out those acts you’ve been practicing in your bedrooms - and don’t pretend, I know you all do it.

If that’s not enough we’re taking VauxhallVille to the Latitude Festival – we’re running off to join the circus! I’m not too nervous about the shows, but I’m scared about sleeping in a tent. I simply don’t DO the outdoors and being in a sleeping bag sounds NASTY.

We’re doing about nine shows over three days including our Moulin Rouge night, a drag workshop and Top of the Vaux, Dusty Limits will be joining us. It’s going to be KNACKERING!

Anything else? Hmm, I think that will do for now, but I’m starting on ideas for the next Tranny Hag, and I am hatching a plan for a fabulous cinematic launch night. Watch this space!

2 comments:

Owen said...

Well done on the club stuff! Could we have more Squeaky Blond please?

Anonymous said...

Busy lady, busy lady!
Congratulations!!