Bummers and Buggies everywhere
Well, what else do you expect from Gay Day at London Zoo?!
Yes, yesterday Toby and I trotted off to see the animals. It’s a trip I’ve been meaning to make for ages, but the fact that the zoo held a discount entry day for the gayers made it an extra special treat.
Due to my allergy of queuing, we got there at 11.30am. This meant the rest of gay London was still recovering from its post-Saturday hangover, so it was just us and a load of pesky kids for a while.
We went to see the giraffes and entered the twilight world of the small mammal.
Somewhere along the way we encountered my favourite, the adorable Sand Cat. I wanted to pick it up and hug it.
I also loved the tiger we saw later that was slumbering so luxuriously you just wanted to lie down next to it and snuggle up.
Being the sad bastards we are, we also hot footed to the petting zoo where we stood in line to stroke a rabbit (some 6 year old pushed in front of us, kids are so bloody rude these days!) Then we went into the goat pen to play with the sheep and goats. Toby proceeded to cack himself when a sheep ran towards us, but largely they were completely uninterested by our presence, as you can tell from the evidence below!
![]() | ![]() |
A Gay Sunday VIP bar was laid on, we were met at the door by some very poor drag queens. Well, one of them was quite sweet but the other looked like she’d been supplied by the Council. We enjoyed a cocktail and then went to the aquarium. I love a good aquarium, but by this point I was getting tired and was irritated by the scores of people clicking away with their camera phones at every damn tank. You look with your eyes, not with your phone!!
We went to the second VIP area to hear the string quartet. I can honestly say I never thought I’d live to witness “I Am What I Am” on violin and cello, to say nothing of "Bohemian Rhapsody".
Soon they were clanging the claxton to get everyone out, so we waved goodbye to the penguins then waddled off to Retro for a well deserved sit down. All this enjoying yourself can be very hard work.



3 comments:
Poor The Animals!
Your hair looks especially glossy and luxuriant in those pics. Maybe it scared the poor four footed creatures?
gdpreston said ...
Council drag queens - love it!
Post a Comment