Big Momma
I have spent much of the weekend idling on line and looking up drag queens. One of my new discoveries is Shirley Q Liquor - a guy called Chuck Knipp who has previously been a priest, a nurse and a politician ... and now blacks up to do drag.
As you might imagine, this has caused a few raised eyebrows. Protesters in New York had one of her shows closed down, and an appearance in Kentucky resulted in the bar being burned to the ground.
I ask you, how can you be offended by someone who looks like this? It's like a cross between Big Momma's House and Bubbles De Vere! Anyway, Laquisha Jonz seems to get away with it.
Chuck based his act on the black women who looked after him as a child. Part of the act laughs at the "ignunce" of white people, and Shirley has been championed by Rupaul. It's likely the political correctness crew are complaining about something they know nothing about.
I wish I could say she's hilarious but the sound clips are really a bit poor. Still, I like the idea of it.

3 comments:
Reminds me of Mollie Seacombe.
bleeeee. are u a fan of laquisha?
This is how I spend most evenings!
Post a Comment