Friday Fun and Frolics
Last night was the first night of Yo! Suzi - Jonny Slut and DJ Lush's new club night in Vauxhall, hosted by Ms Justin Bond. With such a sparkling line up, attendance was mandatory.
The RVT was looking glam with metallic streamers and mannequins in glitter slacks. It was weird being there on a non-Duckie night - the crowd was mostly younger and a little more funky - and we didn't quite know how to behave. Should we follow the established pattern of drinking, then act, then dancing? Or should we try something new?
Old habits won through and we stood gassing til the turn came on. It was a pop group of young people called Ape Drape Escape. Whatever will they think of next?! They were entertaining enough, but by the end I was starting to feel like a fossil - it's all thump, thump, thump and shouting, my inner pensioner exclaimed.
After the band I did dancing with Paul, Justin and a variety of others. The music could have been better, I was itching for a bit of dance, but it's not what the night is about. A couple of years ago I would have loved a punk and rock club, but now I'm a little bit hmmppphh. Also got the arse cos some cow burned me with her cigarette and didn't even apologise, just stood there looking gormless. Who lets these people out? But a good time was had by all.
If you'd care to you can sample my pictorial delights - evidence of why I will never be offered gainful employment as a photographer. At least the one of Satanic is nice ...

3 comments:
Bad news about being used as an ashtray, on the bright side maybe the twats will go to Yo Suzi and not Duckie.
You are a very skilled photographer! You've made everyone look much uglier than they really are!
Ha ha - when I took that picture of Justin grimacing he said, "This is how I feel whenever I see YOU."
He's such a sweetheart!
Post a Comment