Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Sisters of Murky

Talk about a pea-souper! As predicted, the Sisters of Mercy could barely be seen behind an solid wall of dry ice at the Astoria last night. Man they must be UGLY these days! All that would have been amusing if the sound hadn't been equally foggy, but it was like they were playing in the club next door.



With the crowd were growing more and more distracted by the second, the only comedy factor was the man in front who kept air punching at all the wrong points.

I recall they did Doctor Jeep and that one about "I don't exist when you can't see me" but the rest was a great big blur. In the end we copped a strop and went to the pub.

What's worse, I've realised that goth girls just don't do it for me anymore - so who the hell am I going to lust after now? God damn this mid-life crisis, in the words of The Sweet - I just haven't got a clue WHAT to do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We weren't the only ones - guy I work with left by about 10 and a mate of his had come down from Scotland specially.

Even the DJ's in the Retro are allowed to play louder than that!

Worst gig I've ever been to.

G.

Owen said...

Pleased to see you've resorted to quoting Sweet lyrics - there's a lyric in there for virtually every occasion.

Anonymous said...

Home gig at Leeds Uni tonight (well, last night now) was reasonably loud and definitely a peasouper. All that dry ice might be for the best though as I remember when The Mission played Rock City a few years ago someone heckled that Hussey looked like Bono...

Shame there was no Phono to go to afterwards *sobs*