Thursday, October 19, 2006

San Francisco is Burning

At last! The night I'd been waiting for - San Franciscan trannys in London! Yay! I was in stalker heaven. As if my excitement wasn't running high enough, my favourite tranny, Kiddie, only went and did an homage to my favourite movie of all time, Paris is Burning!! I think I let a bit of wee come out.

Anyway *presses rewind* from the beginning ... it was the first birthday party of the London Trannyshack, and as they stole the name from the SF club, they invited some of the girls over for a special show. Hostess, Heklina was respendent in a glittery little number and a long blond wig. After starting off with a quick blast of I Lost My Heart to a Starship Trooper, she then introduced my old favourite, Suppositori Spelling.

Suppoz was all covered in nasty fake spots and did a song about being a speed freak, I was a bit upset because she didn't look pretty. But the gorge factor was soon restored when Putanesca took to the stage in an enormous black fright-wig to perform Knock on Wood. She snapped pieces of balsa over her head while the stage was showered in glitter. Fierce!

Next was Faux Pas - total uber fabulousness. I don't know what the song was she performed to, it sounded a bit like Bjork, but she cried, screamed, twirled a ricketty umbrella and stabbed herself through the face with a skewer till the blood dripped down from her chin. How the hell could one fail to be impressed?! I wish she'd stayed on for longer.

I wasn't too taken with Metal Patricia but by this time I was chomping at the bit for Kiddie. She emerged dressed in bin liners with magazine pages round her neck and a blond bob wig. She mimed and moved to a soundtrack of the best dialogue clips from Paris is Burning - Venus Extravaganza "touch this skin, dahling, touch all of this skin", Dorian Corey growling about shade and the handbag row from the High Fashion Evening Wear Ball. I couldn't have asked for anything finer.

After the briefest respite and the largest Jack Daniels, I decided to prowl the room in search of photo ops. I got pics with Heklina, Suppositori and Kiddie. Kiddie seemed slightly alarmed I recognised him out of drag but was very charming and polite. Held my hand and kissed my cheek - adorable! Then I grabbed Helkina for a comedy shot and finally Suppositori growled down my ear and confirmed my belief he has one of the most beautiful faces EVER.

Ready for another of my legendary online galleries? Here you go.

3 comments:

chrisv said...

The shot of Heklina and u...

does she have an enormous head or what?

Anonymous said...

Is it me or does Faux Pas look like Lene Lovich?

By the way, you do know Lauren Harries is on 'Trust Me I'm A Beautician' or whatever it's called on Five? Sadly not too much in the way of classic moments when as they keep featuring the other contestants...bah.

redhairedqueer said...

Oh yes! Celebrity Nail File is my new favourite show but I have to keep missing it to go out. Tut. They should just keep Suzi and Lauren and get rid of the rest.