Got the Sweetest Tran-gover
I survived! No nervous breakdown! Though it was touch and go for a while.
The Trannyshack queens were fantastic at Mister Sister and, though I’m exhausted, I’m so happy I pulled it together.
I loved watching Heklina and Holy parading around in enormous hair outside the front of the Tavern; and chatting quietly with Kiddie about San Francisco while secretly wanting to whimper, "I love you".
Their performance was utterly amazing, and not one single person didn’t love it. Heklina opened with a spirited number about going to Alaska (by the Mountain Goats ?) – doing spotty-dog dancing (a move favoured by myself and Toby) and running through the crowd like a mad person.
Next was Fauxnique with a rock number - sadly I have no recollection of the title – throwing herself around on a chair and throwing poses. I’ve decided she is adorable.
Holy McGrail was introduced as a post-op tranny (it’s not true, kids) and performed to Beyonce with a selection of phallic aids made from vegetables, and then it was time for Kiddie.
I was glad he was on last cos it meant I could run down and watch him. He’d requested a total blackout and then to perform using just a strobe light (... "hopefully I won't give anyone a seizure".) He came on stage in a black wig and dress and mimed to the first part of the song - which I think was by TV Personalities - before ripping off the wig and clothes to reveal a werewolf that splashed blood all over itself and the audience. I literally couldn’t stop grinning.
Owen has posted some great shots on his blog site, and hopefully there’ll be paparazzi pics to follow. In the mean time here is my gallery of stalking (thanks to Kevin for the first three.)

Heklina

Fauxnique

Kiddie

Holy McGrail

1 comment:
Well done! It was a fun show - except I'd stand further back next time!
Post a Comment