Thursday, October 27, 2005

Beside the Seaside

Today I have been on sunny excursion to Bournemouth. I booked the ticket when I was pissed a few weeks ago, as I'd paid for it I thought I might as well go!

It was nice to get away from the city for a while and smell the bracing sea air. Mind you, the sea doesn't smell like it used to when I was a kid. I remember childhood trips to Blackpool and Southport, you could smell the sea in the air and on your skin when you got back. I have a friend lives in Scarborough and she agrees, apparently you have to go abroad to get proper sea air these days. I'm sure they'll find a way to package it and sell it in Superdrug before long.

The only downside to my lovely trip was a chronic attack of the misanthropies. You see, I wanted to go there and see a jaded ghost town - a shabby, shutdown tourist attraction with no-one there to validate it's existence. No such bleedin' luck. My first mistake was accidentally booking during half term, to add insult to injury, it was also a freakishly hot day and so the place was crawling with twatting kids.

My favourite Bournemouth thing is their fantastic aquarium - not the biggest, but certainly the best I have visited. I went there about 2pm and couldn't enjoy it due to the sheer volume of the annoying brats. Why the fuck do they have to make so much noise?!

I went for a light snack at a gayers cafe and returned at 5pm - ahhhhh, that was much nicer! I had a peaceful sojourn amongst the fishies, then went for delightful stroll along the beach. Here, for your pictorial delights, are my photographic memories ... click on 'em for the big 'uns

3 comments:

Owen said...

I like the promenade pic with the beach huts and hazy distance, that's a nice one.

redhairedqueer said...

Thank you! That's my favourite too!

chrisv said...

You certainly have an eye.

I like the special needs-y blue fish emerging from the cave thingy but the lizard thing looks like it definately ticked the No Publicity box.

The last time I was in Bournemouth was in the 80s when the Scottish One (bad luck to mention her name) had tickets to the filming of Summertime Special cos she fancied Stephanie Lawrence (currently dead). In doing this I also had to endure Bobby Davro and Five Star miming to The Slightest Touch.

Odd I've never been back.