Saturday, October 22, 2005

Saturday Night at the Movies

Just wasted an hour and a half watching Palindromes - what a load of old crap. If you've never heard of it, it's about a young girl who is desperate to be a mother. She gets pregnant by some geek down the road, is forced by her parents to have an abortion, then leaves home and moves in with a bunch of nutters.

She is then involved in a murder, returned to her parents, and so sets about getting knocked up by the same fucktard as before again. To ease the monotony, the main character is played by about 5 different actresses and one boy. Whoopee! Thinking about it, I have no clue what made me rent it in the first place.

I think I should stay away from Todd Solondz films in future. The premise always sounds interesting enough, but I never enjoy the actual show.

His most famous film, Welcome to the Dollhouse, gives me tics. It's too much like my own childhood for comfort. Not only is the main character a geeky loner called Dawn, but she has a dreadful, girly, attention seeking sister who the parents clearly favour. She even goes to dance class like my own abhorrent sibling did. And there's the constant disappointment on her parents faces as they look at her and sigh, "oh Daaaawwwwnn". FOUL !

Anyway, that's one of my credits on Easy Cinema wasted. I still have one left and I'm hoping they'll send Prey for Rock n Roll next. I am reliably informed it's one of the worst films EVAH - and even the stills on the back of the box look shit - but it has Gina Gershon looking foxy as hell, so that's good enough for me!

No comments: