Thursday, December 01, 2005

Smack My Bitch Up

Went to see The Prodigy at Brixton tonight. They were fan-pippin-tastic!! It was kind of like being at a rave (at my age!), the liveliest gig EVER, by far.

I was easily one of the oldest there. At first that seemed a bit weird, but when I realised that meant I could eyeball people and intimidate them to get out the way, it was all plain sailing!!

They played lots of fantastic hits - Voodoo People was cool, so was Out of Space, but my favourite would have to be Poison. I was glad to see Smack My Bitch Up was still in the set after all that ridiculous furore about domestic violence a few years ago. Good lord, some people are just crying out for a slap!

I'm not sure what was going on with Keith Flint, he's dyed his hair black and kind of resembles Hitler. Still, it's a look I suppose.

I was kind of hoping the Ping Pong Bitches would make a special appearance and do Girls, sadly it was not to be. In fact they didn't do much from the new album, I only remember Spitfire and perhaps another one. They did Charley, though. Yay! You can't beat a good tribute to a cartoon cat.

No comments: