Monday, September 03, 2007

Pink Lady

It’s no good, I can’t concentrate. I’m going to see Stockard Channing at the theatre tonight and I just cannot settle. Concentrating on the day job is hard enough without being distracted by the thought of a foxy actress.

This minor obsession is nothing to do with Grease, you understand, I just think she’s fabby and cute. I especially liked her in Smoke where she played Harvey Keitel’s wronged woman without ever resorting to melodrama. She was graceful and poignant throughout.

Last week I saw her latest film, Sparkle. It’s a bit drossy but she made my little heart beat faster. Then when I found out about this play - Awake and Sing! - at Almeida Theatre I nearly had a nervous fit.

God knows how I’ll get through the night because, of course, I’ve booked a seat for the front row. I wasn’t taking any chances on having to peer around someone’s huge cranium. I know I’ll be all of a flutter and giggly.

As you can see from this clip Toby found on You Tube, she really is incredibly lovely. It’s just kind of a shame her face doesn’t move right because of her fondness for botox.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most underrated actress evah! Yes, I do like her intially because of 'Grease' (Rizzo rocked, let's face it) but she's always never less than fantastic in even the most crappy of films.

chrisv said...

She is excellent on stage, I have been lucky to see her two previous London stage performances in SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION and THE EXONERATED.