Thursday, September 06, 2007

A-stalking I Shall Go

You know how sometimes you just go flipped out bonkers MAD and do something CRAZY without any thought for the consequences? Well I have just rashly booked a long weekend in New York for the end of September.

I shall be watching my beloved Justin Bond perform the songs of the Carpenters live in Central Park - hooray! And have a guess where I’m staying? THE CHELSEA HOTEL.

I think I may be a little excited.

Show offs Geraldandstephen have stayed at the Chelsea before, but I haven’t been further than the foyer where I was told they were fully booked. I simply cannot wait to walk through its historic hallways and think about Sid killing Nancy.

Justin’s show is part of a Joe’s Pub in the Park season. On the same night there’s some bloke called David Driver singing Scott Walker songs that I’m not bothered about, but there’s also a big Marc Bolan tribute with a galaxy of fabulous stars. They include Marc's lovely son Rolan, some New York Dolls, Clem Burke and Tony Shanahan of the Patti Smith Group. There’s a rumour that Patti herself may appear!

I’d better pack oxygen, I am fearful of a nervous attack.

4 comments:

Gareth said...

I'm so jealous! Less about Justin more about the whole New York thing

redhairedqueer said...

Will you be more jealous if I mention I'm going to see Taylor Mac too?

Thought so.

Owen said...

YOU WHAT?? It's *my* turn for holiday!

Gareth said...

Justin and Taylor Mac, how much can a tranny stalker cram into a weekend?