The End is Nigh
This last week’s been a bit rubbish. I’ve tried to focus on the good stuff and enjoy the fact that I haven’t had to go into the office for the day job, but still it’s all just felt WRONG. Too many people on the streets and the shops and gym not open at the times I wanted them to be. In fact I haven’t even made it to the gym which annoys me cos now my body feels all floppy and saggy.
I hibernated for two days over Christmas and Boxing Day which was pleasant but, you know, BORING. And now I can’t shake off my laziness and apathy.
The best thing has been the RVT panto which has been a right larf. It was scary being left in charge of 7 headset microphones, especially as they all started screaming with feedback when they were first switched on, but they settled down nicely and there was only a small bit of white noise that reared its ugly head on fleeting occasions.
The crowds were insane on both nights. On the first night Dusty Limits had a guy sucking his fingers after he had pretended to eat the heart of Snow White, then on the second night they wouldn’t stop booing him. He couldn’t even go outside for an interval fag without being hissed at, it was hilarious. I also enjoyed seeing there was a little bit of hero worship going on – a group of guys going “ooh look, THE BEARS are over there” in a revered whisper.
We’re doing it all again this coming Thursday but I suspect it will be rather quieter as the January social graveyard begins.
Tonight it’s the “happy new year” nonsense so I’ll have to get drunk enough that I can bear to have people kissing me. I’m going to David Hoyle’s thing at South Central so I’m hoping it will be an alternative sort of celebration. I want him covered in paint and ranting at midnight, screaming, “I don’t give a FUCK about New Year” or some such. He won’t go all soppy and start singing Auld Lang Syne or anything will he? I bloody hope not. I’ll want my fifteen quid refunding.

1 comment:
I hate that Auld Lang Syne rubbish, having to hold hands with complete strangers, and then if you are really unlucky getting kissed by them.
A few years ago a mad woman in a pub in Walthamstow wanted me to kiss her mangy Yorkshire Terrier a Happy New Year.
If I wanted that to do that kind of thing I'd go to the Hoist (for the random kissing not the kissing of dogs)
Post a Comment