Hello Hello We're Back Again
Well thank GOD all that nonsense is over. I finally had some energy back today after a week of unmitigated apathy where I basically couldn’t move or do anything unless my spine was supported.
New Year’s Eve was a bit rubbish. I’m not going to say too much because the people involved were friends of mine, but let’s put it this way - if you’re in a nightclub listening to Magic Moments and Run Rabbit Run Rabbit Run Run Run at 11.45pm, you pretty much know you’re onto a loser at any night of the week, never mind on New Year’s Eve.
I ran into a few familiar faces that were good to see but largely went home unfulfilled. Then yesterday woke up £45 lighter and with an absolute BASTARD of a hangover. Not a good start to 2008.
Today, to celebrate the fact that all things were right and proper and how they should be, I took a trip to Bromley Eye Centre to have a sight test and order some really rather fetching glasses - CALVIN KLEIN, if you please. I pick them up on Saturday so will no doubt be standing round Retro looking FABULOUS in the evening. Well, there’s no use just buying them and then staying at home, is there?
So anyway, I’ve been looking at everyone else’s sites and they’ve been doing Top 5s of 2007 and the likes. That sounded like a bit of a commitment so I’m going to take the idle option and just do top 1s. I might throw in the odd booby prize for good measure:
Top Theatre
Taming of the Shrew – Propeller Theatre Group, Old Vic
Booby Prize: Bad Girls the Musical
Top Concert
Patti Smith – St Giles in the Field
Top Choon
Umbrella – Rihanna
Top Sex Show
Buck Angel and Ashley Ryder - Ray of Light, Area
Top Cabaret
Frank Sanazi
Most Jaw-Dropping
Lucifire Aerial Suspension – Latitude Festival
Top Coming Face-to-Face with an Idol
Buck Angel Meet and Greet – Ku Bar
Runner Up: Penny Arcade – Joe’s Bar, New York
Booby Prize: Kate Bornstein at Transfabulous (I ran away)
Overall highlight
Mister Sister with Trannyshack, San Francisco
Runner up: Justin Bond / Bolan Tribute in Central Park

5 comments:
Am I really the only person who did / does not like Rhianna and that bloody umbrella, I'd rather get wet myself.
See... I read that and thought it said "I'd rather wet myself"
NYE was pretty crap. I didn't appreciate being ranted at and being subjected to such shite music. What was wrong with good ol' drag and some music you could dance like a twat to? V disappointing.
"didn't appreciate being ranted at"??
Good God, woman, don't ever book a ticket for one of David's normal shows, he was positively friendly on Monday!!
Well I can sort of understand why some people like him but I can't stand him to be honest! Felt like telling to shut up.
Post a Comment