Monday, June 30, 2008

Sparks

We had an angle grinder on at Kabarett this Friday. I had never seen this act performed before but now I’m hooked – MORE ANGLE GRINDING PLEASE!

It’s kind of like a human firework show but you don’t get neck ache from having to look up at the sky and you don’t have to listen to other people going “whooooo!”

Basically it involves someone wearing a pair of metal pants and sawing away at them with a grinding tool so lots of little sparks fly out. By altering your body position and the angle of the tool you can cause the sparks to fly in different directions and the result is totally fierce.

I started off grinning maniacally and by the end I was almost in tears with the sheer beauty of the performance – I even decided I’d quite like to have a go.

Dusty Limits, who knows about these things, has assured me that “it’s easy”, but I’m not quite so convinced. I like that it’s something you can do without having to take your clothes off, though you’d have to wear flame retardant togs otherwise you’d set yourself on fire and end up looking a right pillock.

I’ll probably never find the courage to try it out myself but have dispatched Dusty to see if he can arrange a little treat for me and have Lucifire come and do some when Kabarett relaunches next month as KUNST.

We are very proud of our new name … it makes us giggle like silly school kids.

No comments: