Black Out Your Soul
Saw Nine Inch Nails at Brixton Academy last night. It were flippin amazing! I did lots of mong dancing and emerged sweaty as a rapist.
I love the new album but the oldies were the best - Terrible Lie, Sin and Head Like A Hole. They also did an amazing cover of Joy Division's Dead Souls.
There were some right sights in the audience, though. What the hell has happened to goths these days? In my day we were dramatic, lots of people made their own clothes and everyone had perfect make up and gravity-defying hair dos. Now it's mostly just fat girls in too tight mini skirts and dresses they got from the This-Is-What-You-Wear-To-Be-A-Goth stalls on Camden Market. They have rubbish girly hair tied in pig tails and held in place with clips. It's a flippin disgrace!
For the first time ever I found myself thinking, "I'm glad I'm not a goth anymore". Does this mean I've finally grown up? Shit! I hope not!
Looking at my own reflection in the mirror - wearing green combats, a black shirt and clutching a demin jacket - I couldn't help but have a sneaky suspicion I looked like someone's mum trying to look trendy on a day out at the Lakes. Oh dear!
Still, I danced harder than most of the nippers, and I ran for the bus afterwards. There's life in the old dog yet ...

No comments:
Post a Comment