Thursday, July 21, 2005

I Vant To Be Alone

I have decided I would like to go to Chicago next year and thought I would do some idle surfing to get a rough idea of what it would cost.

I intend to travel on my own ... unaccompanied ... sans amies.

I went to Expedia and found a link to Go Chicago special deals - hoorah! But then, oh no! The link I followed automatically assumed I wanted to book for two. I tried to go back and amend the search. It wouldn't listen, it didn't quite understand.

I tried Ebookers: hotel and flight - one traveller. It returned an error: "no search results found for your selected search criteria."

Bastards!!

So I hit upon a cunning plan, I would go to Google and search for "holiday deals for single travellers". Guess what? It automatically added an 's' to the end of the word single and gave me a whole list of places where I could book a holiday to "meet new people" and "enjoy a host of activities".

FUCK OFF!!

I want to go on holiday ON MY OWN.

I do not want to meet new people.
I do not want to join in activities or go to dances or receptions.

So is there a company out there that offers good deals for those of us who choose to face this world alone? I doubt it, but if you know of one, please let me know.

No comments: