Friday, July 29, 2005

Support the Friends Night

Well, last night was "support the friends" night as I went to see my chums from Readers Wifes and Atomizer performing at The Marquee Club in London's fashionable West End.

I'd been getting right narked during the day trying to get people to come with me. So many of my friends won't go out on a "school night" cos they're SCARED. Light weight poofs. Anyway, the beautiful and adorable Ms Justin Bond agreed to be my escort for the first part of the evening, so I had a nice little schmoozella with him on the couch. Then, of course, I'm so popular I knew almost everyone there, dahling ...

It was nice to catch up with Chelsea Kelsey and Mark Satanic as it's been a while. Then I had a fab conversation with Jonny Slut about Prisoner Cell Block H and oh my God, how fantastic was Kate Peterson, the one who went mad and thought she was the prison govenor!!

Readers Wifes performed with Justin doing guest vocals on their next single, Nostalgia. Last time I saw the Wifes play I was kind of bored with their sound, but last night I had a good time and managed to snap a few (shit) pics from my comforable cross-legged vantage point at the front of the stage...



I enjoyed seeing Kim Phaggs have a hissy fit cos one of the backing tracks came in too soon. It was like seeing Siouxsie and her many strops at the Royal Festival Hall shows all over again!

Atomizer came on in doggy masks, for reasons best know to themselves. I think Jonny is a great performer but got scared he was going to bang his head cos he was pogoing very close to the low ceiling!

Anyway, said my goodbyes and wandered off for the last train. Saddest was saying goodbye to Justin who is off to the Edinburgh Festival for a month with Kiki and Herb. Boo hoo - I will miss him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have come to see the lovely Luke Haines at the ICA and dance to Unsolved Child Murder, The Walton Hop (about Jonathan King) and some other one about how Gary Glitter ruined The Glitter Band

gdpreston

redhairedqueer said...

Gerald, you should start a blog of your own instead of populating mine with your chants about child abuse championing chanteuse.

Anonymous said...

Yeah ... coming soon ... in the meantime I'll populate Toby's