Sunday, November 13, 2005

Justin Escariot

Can you believe that in an online radio interview Justin Bond was asked if he had any stalkers and he replied, "NO"?! Oh, the betrayal!

To prove my mettle I have spend much of this weekend following him around like a bad smell.

On Friday I made my second visit to his shows at Too 2 Much. He had changed the set around a bit from last week, there were a couple of Bowie numbers and lots of new dialogue. Sadly Clean White Bed was dropped, I'm hoping it will appear again before the end of the run.

The evening was slightly marred by constant yapping from much of the crowd. What the hell is wrong with these people? It's not like there's a shortage of pubs in London if all you want to do is talk. If you pay to come along to see somebody's performance, then show some manners and shut the fuck up!

After ending Friday exceptionally drunk, I was planning a nice quiet night in on Saturday. That swiftly ended when I was reminded that Justin was appearing at Duckie. Well, as you can imagine, I was in the bath and into my glad rags before you could say, "get a life you sad obsessive freak"!

Turned out to be a nice evening, Justin played a fabulous short set with an amazing version of Kate Bush's King of the Mountain. I hope I never have to hear the original as it will just spoil it all. Then he came and joined us on the dancefloor for some dancing and gossip. Even by his standards he looked amazingly beautiful, with false eye lashes, blue and silver shadow and red lipstick. He's always endearingly tolerant of my fawning, thank god!

Elsewhere it was good to catch up with a few old faces - Jonny Slut and Tim 'n' Rob. Boogied my little booties off to my current fave - Madonna's Hung Up. Madonna + Abba = brilliant??? How the hell does that maths work?! I don't know - but it does!

Got the bus home with Tom where we had a lengthy conversation about our intense hatred of other people. No better or more fulfilling way to end an evening, in my opinion!

8 comments:

chrisv said...

OK I'm confused... they played Madonna at Duckie??

redhairedqueer said...

Yes, because I requested it (much to the disgust of Jonny Slut.)

The joint was a-jumpin' !!

chrisv said...

I thought that was opposed to Duckie's policy... now they are seeing sense I might have to reconoitre it again...

Dogdriller said...

Oh, it was you, was it ?

redhairedqueer said...

Yes, it was.

Wanna make something of it??

Dogdriller said...

Not really, I can't actually remember Madonna being played.

Anonymous said...

gosh! if justin wants a stalker!... i'm joking. well, maybe!

redhairedqueer said...

Back off, bitch - he's taken!!