Being Bitchy is Healthy
OK, so I stole the title of this post from a link to an article by Julie Burchill on The Times website. As it turned out, her article was not a celebration of nastiness but an attack on arse-kissing. Nothing wrong with that, there's nothing worse than a brown nose, but I was hoping for something a little more caustic.
I consider bitching to be a form of therapy. If somebody is driving you mad, you have to let the poison out. Therapists will agree it is wrong to "bottle up anger" and, like a little white lie, sometimes a pop behind somebody's back can be kinder than a full blown, vitriolic attack.
I have long held the view that the success of Big Brother is down to the freedom it allows to out-and-out hate somebody. For reasons best know, a group of wannabies have put themselves up on a public forum and we have carte blanche to dissect every aspect of their personalities without fear of retribution. Wouldn't it be great if all life was like that?
I mean, don't you just hate worthy do-gooders who try to make you see the other person's point of view? Don't you just want to punch them? Being oh so fucking REASONABLE all the time. But they're not helping you with your situation, they're compounding it.
An example - have you every been in a social situation where somebody is ruining your day? You don't say anything as you don't want to be the nasty one, but suddenly someone else snaps and - hurray! - you're not the only one. Oh, the blessed relief! It's like a physical weight has been lifted as you and your co-haters spill the venom that has been throbbing and aching with the desire to be unleashed.
We're not all going to always like everyone, so why pretend to? I say bitch. And do it now.

1 comment:
An example - have you every been in a social situation where somebody is ruining your day? You don't say anything as you don't want to be the nasty one, but suddenly someone else snaps and - hurray! - you're not the only one.
You do this for me the whole time!!!!
Post a Comment