Friday, August 12, 2005

I'm 82, You Know

I've just been totally freaked out watching Coronation Street! There's a new character (who I hope and pray will become a regular) - it's the granny from Little Britain acting like the granny from the Catherine Tate show. Fantastic!

Her response to an introduction to white trash supremo, Liz McDonald, "Oh, where did you find her? In one of your mucky magazines? Rent a slapper?". All this while happily licking away at a Mr Whippy. Class!

Maybe it's my advancing years that are making me love comedy old ladies more and more. I am in love with Catherine Tate's foul mouthed gran. When she met her great grandchild for the first time was my favourite, "Ooh, he's an ugly little bugger isn't he? ... Oh, I'm only kidding you dear, here, take this fiver and buy the baby a nice bonnet. (pause) Put it over his face!"

I can't wait to be an old lady. You can say what you want and smack little kids without getting told off. Won't that be great!!

No comments: