Sobriety and The Street
Well it's been a strange old week, not least because I've been facing it in an uncharacteristic state of sobriety. I'm quite enjoying being comparatively drink free at the moment (I'm still allowed the odd "nightcap"!) I've discovered it makes me feel less agitated, healthier and more alert. The downside of this clarity is that I am now achingly aware of just how fucking BORING my job is.
Let's face it, a life of writing mono-syllabic prose for a local Council website is hardly going to set anyone's world on fire. In my usual wine addled state it seemed tedious, but now, rather than the old adage of "drink to forget", I seems I was drinking so I didn't even notice in the first place!
Last night, as it was the weekend, I allowed myself a few drams at the Retro Bar. While I was there, Stephen and I were discussing how we don't watch much TV these days but Coronation Street is always a "must see". Have you ever know a show with so many freaks and obsessives?! Plus, between Blanche, Norris and Sean, it's the campest thing on TV!
My favourite thing this week has been Eileen doing ferret impressions, complete with paws and gnawing sounds, in a "get your hands off my new man, bitch" row with Gail. It was like an escaped scene from a John Waters classic.
Next week's subplots include Janice catching nits and having her hair shaved off. She'll be a dykon by the end of the month, you mark my words!
Talking of Corrie and nits, someone told me that when Margie Clarke was in it everyone in the cast hated her. Not only did she have a chronic infestation of head biddies, but once - while shooting a scene with Betty - she asked if anyone could lend her a tissue cos she had cum dribbling down her leg. Classy!

1 comment:
Ah I suspect an apochryphal soap story... I heard via a dresser on FAMILY AFFAIRS that Nicola Duffett told the show's hairdresser one morning to be careful as she had dried spunk in her hair.
Either that or soap actresses are just generic slags.
Post a Comment