Monday, August 15, 2005

Not So Marvellous

Well, it's already 3 days into my 9 days off work and I seem to have done fuck all. Oh well, I have decided to make "relaxation" the theme of this holiday. I even had an afternoon nap today! I'm challenging myself to get rid of the huge black rings underneath my eyes, but I think it'll take more than a week to do that!

Last night I went to Marvellous for a while where I received final confirmation that I have been binned from the DJ rota there. After 12 weeks without bookings, I'd pretty much figured that one out! Apparently it's Wayne Shires fault cos he's not "down" with what I do. Twat. He might have helped break the Scissor Sisters in the UK, but as far as I'm concerned he's still a fucking cunt.

Still, I had a nice time winding up Joan Dairy Queen. Sample conversations included:

Me - "I got a free flyer to get in here cos the numbers are down"
Joan - "NO THEY'RE NOT"
Me - *smirk*

Joan - "I'm sorry we fell out. I wanted to book you but Wayne's not down with it and I didn't have the guts to tell you."
Me - "Oh, so Wayne runs Marvellous now"
Joan - "NO HE DOESN'T"
Me - *smirk*

Tomorrow I'm off to the seaside at Brighton to see Patti Smith. I'm listening to her "Peace and Noise" album to get in the mood. I was all exited about it, but it has now been overshadowed by the prospect of seeing Bananarama on Thursday. What's that all about? They'll be taking away my dyke card if I'm not careful!

5 comments:

Gareth said...

Boo Hiss. OK I rarely went to marvellous, but I always enjoyed your DJ stints the most. Still it gives you more time to stalk Kikki and Herb.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I'm sorry. Wayne obviously is a wanker. Whenever you played I would either pull or score some free drugs, so as far as I am concerned you are the best DJ in the world, like, evah!

Anonymous said...

gdpreston said ...

I never saw you but I don't think you could be as bad as the others they have on

redhairedqueer said...

Thank you for your kind words of support. Please send all protests to:

ThatCuntWayneShires
Crash
Albert Embankment
Vauxhall

Gareth said...

Just noticed that you are still named checked in Time Out. Is that a good thing or not?