Hooked to the Silver Screen
It's nearly time for the Lezza and Gay Film Festival - yay!
Look what I'm going to see:
- Transamerica
- Filthy Gorgeous, The Trannyshack Story
- Screaming Queens: The Riot at Comptons Cafeteria
Do you notice a well established theme?!
Toby is also taking me to 50 Ways of Saying Fabulous. I don't know anything about it, but the picture I've seen has a boy in a bra, so at least there'll be a bit of cross dressing fun!
The Filthy Gorgeous thing sounds fantastic. It's about the original Trannyshack club in San Francisco and features my future wife - Ana Matronic - and Justin Bond. The programme says to look out for some visitors from "across the pond" - do you think Ana will be there? Eek! I'll wet 'em!!
After the film there's a big do on at Horse Meat Disco. Of course, I am horrified at the thought of going and getting drunk, but it's nice the opportunity's there if you like that kind of thing.
I'm also excited about Screaming Queens ... it's about a riot in San Fran in 1966. Police tried to raid a cafe and all the drag queens and trannys that went there caused a right old to-do. A bit like a mini-Stonewall. It's a documentary that was shot in 2005 and has interviews with many of the people who took part. I hope they have good footage of the event too.
I'm packing my tissues for Transamerica as I feel a wee blub may be in order. Felicity Huffman (Desperate Housewives) plays a transsexual about to transition to female, who discovers she has a son and wants to get to know him first. It's a bit mainstream - I hope there isn't a big Hollywood happy ending, on the other hand I don't want my mascara to run.

3 comments:
DAWNY! Come to my birthday do on Sunday! I've lost your number and you never replied to my email. Or phone me! Or text me. I know you're alive because I read this religiously. LOVE the idea of The Woolwich InfanT! xxxx
Dawn!
hey boy hey girl! superstar dj has invited me to his birthday party! so happy, but don't know where to go. please help.
dave
I don't know - you try to bring a bit of celluloid joy to people's lives and they just use your site as a message board ...
*whinge*
*grumble*
*huff*
*cluck*
Post a Comment